Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flashbacks of Texas - Part 2

This comic does not apply to you, Monica! : )

Texas Roadhouse was on the dinner menu tonight because my co-worker, Jenn, told me they now have fried pickles as an appetizer. I've been looking for fried pickles since we moved up here because I feel that they really resonate Texas. I introduced Jenn to the idea of fried pickles, and she seemed a little intrigued by the idea so when she saw them on the menu at the Roadhouse she had to try them. Her report was a good one - salty, but good.

As we walked in, the restaurant looked like every other Roadhouse we'd been to. That typical chain "everything-looks-the-same-so-you-know-you're-in-the-right-place". Olive Garden or Chili's much? The joint was playing country, of course. And about every 10 or 15 minutes, the Texas Roadhouse theme song played. Did anyone else know it existed? I do now! The worst news of the night was that they were out of fried pickles. WHAT?! That's the whole reason we showed up with the free appetizer coupon! It was all good. We ended up getting rattlesnake bites - fried cheese jalapeno balls. I went with the ribs as a an entree and Spike got the New York strip. The place was feeling like Texas - beer posters with the state outline, line dancing to Gretchen Wilson, and peanut shells littering the floor. That is until I saw the Boston Red Sox neon sign before we left...then I snapped back to reality.

2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know how much I enjoy reading this blog... and how to spell Jem. I'm gonna go look for a clip of the cartoon now. Bye. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out your May 18 blog about cartoons. I added a link to Jem.

    ReplyDelete