Monday, June 28, 2010

The LL Bean Experience

Before we moved to Maine, my friend Rene wanted to get me a going away present. She asked if I had a pair of slippers for the winter. I can't remember if I said yes or no, but the truth is that I do have a pair of slippers. Pink, terry cloth, old as all get out. Kind of embarrassing seeing as how I've probably had them since I was in high school. So maybe I said no because I could use a new pair of slippers...some wicked good slippers to be exact.
Wicked Good Slippers are the slippers that LL Bean makes. They're made of "superior sheepskin" and insulated with shearling. Just looking at them makes me want to curl up with a mug of hot chocolate on a cold winter day. Rene tried to order these online, but they were sold out during the holiday season. As they should be! Ever since, I've had these slippers on my mind. LL Bean's website has their customers' reviews of the Wicked Good Slippers, and with 849 reviews the rating is an incredible 4.7 out of 5 stars. And we all know how the math goes on reviews...you really have to have a LOT of good feedback on the product to keep the rating up that high.
For those of you who don't know, LL Bean is all Maine. The names of their products are taken from local towns, bodies of water, and recreational areas. The flagship store is about 20 minutes north of where I live. I drove up there yesterday, but was unable to find it due to GPS error (that's a whole other posting). What I did find in Freeport was a ton of outlet shops. They have some nice shops too: Coach, Banana Republic, Jones New York, and of course, an LL Bean Outlet. That place was a zoo! Customers were sifting through the racks to find the perfect deal, whether it was clothing, shoes, camping necessities, and those classic canvas tote bags. I, however, found nothing. I'm still holding out for the flagship store...if and when I finally find it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had no idea that LL Bean was a Maine thing?!? But it sounds like you won't be needing those slippers anyway with the weather yall have been having...haha...ok, I know what you're thinking and you're right...it won't be like Houston weather for long :-P

    ReplyDelete