Sunday, May 1, 2011

Texafornian??

Ever since Spike and I found out that we are going to have a baby, we have made some minor adjustments in our life here in Maine.  We've been figuring out the things that we'll do with our son when he's old enough.  We can't wait to take him to the park, zoo, museums, etc. and expose him to all good things Maine.  One thing I'm not too keen on doing just yet is giving him Whoopie Pies.  It's just sugar piled on top of sugar with more sugar.  A blueberry pie I can get with.  Apple picking I can get with.  Whoopie Pies I cannot.

Something else I can get with?  Traveling and taking him to new and exciting places that we've never been to or love visiting.  Take for instance California...San Francisco and San Diego in particular.  Those are two of our favorite cities.  Spike and I had the privilege of honeymooning in San Diego and living in San Francisco for a year before we moved to Maine.  Last week we went back to San Francisco to vacation in the city that has a stronghold on our hearts.  We did everything that we didn't get a chance to do while we lived there, and a few other things that we had to do again.

We visited the Museum of Modern Art and the Asian Art Museum, got a killer burrito in Mission district, got to have amazing German food with my cousin, see and stay with some of our best friends, take a hike in the Berkeley Hills overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and bay, and finally, have dinner at our favorite restaurant of all time.  This trip was about doing what we wanted to do and really enjoying the city in a different way.  I was sad to leave the bay area and come back to Maine where it was much cooler and a bit rainy, but it was great to get back into my own bed.

Hands down the best burrito I've ever had.  El Farolito at 24th and Mission.

Vases at the Asian Art Museum.

Inspriation Point looks out onto the bay and Golden Gate Bridge.

E Tutto Qua at Broadway and Columbus...the best Italian food ever.

Spike in a graffiti covered alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment